BlameThePixel!

BTForum » Wormy Discussion » Worms World Party Discussion » Real compatibility fix for WWP (Vista, 7, 8, XP)

[]StepS
Statusless
Send PM
Threads: 3
Money: £9.88 (D)
(+ Friend)
Not online within the last half an hour
*MOVED the thread from Team17 forum to here, to keep updates going*

Tried different fixes, but WWP crashes on start? Or other problems? No more! A solution is here. :)

Download

How to install: Extract all the files from your archive to your WWP folder and launch WWP.

Last update: 5 June 2013

Don't forget the 1.01 patch if your game is 1.00. It's recommended to prevent other game-related issues!

This will fix the crash problems in WWP for real on all Windows systems, including Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP.

Don't forget to remove all the other "color fixes" you installed before! They are not needed as the game is in 32-bit colour depth now.
The same applies to exe "compatibility" options in the Windows settings.

The windowed mode feature will also enable a cool windowed mode. :)

Features:

• Ability to enable windowed mode both during the match and in frontend menus. Open wndmode.ini and change "WindowedFrontend" and/or "WindowedInGame" from 0 to 1 to enable window. Frontend will be in the top left corner due to technical limitations; the in-game process will be in center of the screen.
  • Minimize the game using Shift+Esc, Win+D, Win+M, or any other method you like. For fullscreen this only works when playing the match (to prevent crashes in frontend menus), in windowed mode the minimization always works perfectly.
  • Press Alt+F4 when playing a match and you will immediately return to the frontend menu just like in WA. If you also press Alt+F4 in the frontend menu, WWP will shutdown.

Still having problems? Troubleshooting FAQ!
Attention: These options should ONLY be enabled if one of the problems described below affects you!

Q: When I start the match, nothing happens, the game is apparently frozen, or something weird happens when I change the window
A: For some reason, on your system the window merging process doesn't process properly to meet WWP's wishes. Therefore WWP fails to see its supplementary window ("T17") which responds for the in-game process, catching mouse and keyboard.
To solve this, set "UnhideT17WindowInGame" from 0 to 1 in the wndmode.ini under the "WWPCompatibilitySettings" section. Please note that you will not be able to minimize and maximize the game properly after you enable this! But at least this will allow you to play without other issues.

Q: I still see white fields instead of drop-downs, input boxes and when starting the game
A: if, for some reason, the new fix doesn't work on your system, you may switch back to the one with transparencies by setting "AlternativeWhiteFieldsFix" from 0 to 1 in the wndmode.ini under the "WWPCompatibilitySettings" section. The WormNET logo on top may appear crooked if DWM is off. A few users also reported mouse not clicking in this mode, so see by yourself.

Q: I choose the 1024x768 resolution in settings and I use fullscreen, but when I start the game, it looks like the resolution is 1024x768 but I still see a small window in the center
A: For some reason, your system processes the window position changes in such way that WWP "becomes afraid" and fails to set up a 1024x768 environment for the game, reverting to 640x480 default.
To solve this, set "Force1024x768InGame" from 0 to 1 in the wndmode.ini under the "WWPCompatibilitySettings" section. To see the effect, the "WindowedInGame" option has to be disabled (set to 0). Now the game will always set 1024x768 in-game in advance, regardless of what resolution you choose in the settings.

Credits:

• menopem for his awesome d3dhook library from D3DWindower, otherwise this all wouldn't be possible!
  • VEG for adapting d3dhook to make it independent with a settings file (wndmode).
  • Kawoosh for the original white-fields-fix solution and the WormKitDS loader.
  • StepS for further working and supporting the fix updates specifically for WWP after Kawoosh's solution.
  • CyberShadow for originally making a WormKit module loader and the concept of WormKit modules as the games' extensions.
12.06.13 00:07
Post #1
Last edited: 12.06.13 00:11 (StepS - 3 times) [Hide Sig (0)] [Profile] [Quote]

Jump To:

Donate to BlameThePixel:
Donate to BTP Via PayPal

[19 Queries, Page Loaded in 0.181192 Seconds]

ShoutMeUp

Xmas Greetings from waka waka waka waka []Unvalidated EmailChristmasRiddle MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! []Spleet Except for Spleet. []TheAbdBoy Always bummin' a brother out. []Spleet Happy New Year everyone! But Spleet. []TheAbdBoy

Word Association

All

-10 Ago-

MiddleEastern []AlphaWolf camel [S]Bloopy toe []TheAbdBoy moose knuckle [S]Bloopy MeatLoaf []Spleet IdDoAnything4Lo ve []AlphaWolf rub n tug []TheAbdBoy tugboat []The Pope rope [S]Bloopy race []TheAbdBoy

-Latest-

Must be logged in to add new words

FictoLeague

You have to be logged in to vote...

Member Stats

Date: 29.03.24.
Members: 4731.
Latest: []Unvalidated Emailsdsakldsaldklasdsdsa
Active:
0 user(s)
1 guest(s)

On chat: